El Paso ISD - El Paso High School

"The Lady on the Hill” was constructed in 1916 and was designed by the renowned El Paso architectural firm Trost + Trost. A Fine Arts building will be constructed on the northeast corner of the campus, where the existing tennis courts are located. This façade will feature contemporary interpretations of the original structure’s most prominent features, and build upon other similar contemporary facilities in their materials and method of interpretation to begin to develop a campus-wide aesthetic for El Paso High School. The new Fine Arts building incorporates 21st Century fine arts learning environments, with light filled spaces and volumes appropriate for choir, band, theatrical and fine arts instruction. The centerpiece of the new Fine Arts building is a double volume entry that provides light and visual connectivity. Incorporated in this entry is a “Learning Stair”, allowing for casual student interaction and gathering or an impromptu performance. The fine arts spaces that were vacated by the El Paso High School Fine Arts Addition and Renovations project will be renovated to expand the existing school’s core academic capacity. Those spaces will receive electrical and technology upgrades; accessibility improvements; and some will be converted into TEA compliant science labs.

Size: 33,445 SF New Construction | 24,455 SF Renovations

ProjectPictures
ProjectPictures